Friday, March 18, 2016

We have a shower!



FINALLY!!!!!!!!! After six months I can take a hot shower in my house.

It was truly wonderful. No more truck stop showers with creepers trying to come in and having nightmares about getting crabs. (they are pretty clean for being a truck stop). We had to hire an electrician to wire in the tankless water heater. We could not find this heavy duty wire that was required for the job. When the snow melts we will have to get going installing the gray water system. We are still boiling water on the stove to do dishes and emptying the gray water bucket after but that isn't that big of a deal so I can wait.




Spring has also brought mud season. The work truck got stuck in 6 inches of mud in our drive way. We started parking the cars on the street and hiking to the house. Once the frost layer melts the standing water will be able to go somewhere, until then mud. I love my mud boots by the way. I look like a total nerd going to town covered in mud from the shins down. I also had to buy my son plastic mud pants with suspenders. Its easier to put on these mud pants and go outside then it is to keep him inside and clean. He built a construction site in the back yard that is a mud pit for all his Tonka Trucks.









 

My son is learning about what makes plants grow. He planted sun flower seeds and is in charge of watering them. 

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog posts. You have a talent for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good article. Thanks for sharing with us in the MN-WI Regenerative Agriculture Facebook page. Keep on writing, and good luck with the mud! Yuck. Good luck with the changing season! Spring is....coming eventually.

    Tom @ smallscalelife.com

    ReplyDelete